Franciscan Gardens Wedding | Christian and Joyce
San Juan Capistrano Photographer
This Franciscan Gardens wedding was just so magical!. I couldn’t wait to show you all the beauty from Christian and Joyce’s wedding. To start this couple is both gorgeous inside and out. Even from their engagement session they were the sweetest couple–who are very much in love. There was so much to say about this wedding, but who better to hear it from then the bride?
- How did you meet? We met in college at a fraternity/sorority philanthropic event. We started out as just friends working towards the same cause (City of Hope Cancer Research Center) then over the years, we got to know each other better and our love grew organically.
- Tell us about your proposal: We were celebrating our 6-year anniversary and Christian surprised me with a stay at the Mission Inn Hotel in Riverside (the city where we met in college) and dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant in town. The next day, we drove to Laguna Beach where we hiked down to the base of a cliff to watch the sunset. Little did I know that Christian had pre-arranged a “picnic” style set up on the beach – complete with a blanket, beautiful bouquet of roses and a scrapbook he made with our memories. When he proposed, we both started tearing up. Luckily, Christian hired a photographer to capture it all and we did a mini photo session during golden hour. Then we went to dinner and as I walked into the restaurant, our families and my best friends were there to surprise me! It was a day that I’ll never forget.
- Tell us about finding your wedding dress: I actually found “the dress” at the second bridal store I visited. I knew I wanted to be a simple and classic bride for my wedding day and my Lazaro dress fit the bill. I immediately fell in love!
- What was the inspiration behind your wedding style: We’ve always been a classic and simple couple and wanted our wedding style to reflect that so we kept the entire day both timeless and effortless, which allowed our true selves and our love for each other come through. An organic and romantic aesthetic felt natural to us – everything from the soft neutral florals with unstructured greenery, to the traditional and romantic design of our invitation suite.
- Why did you choose this location?: We always knew we loved al fresco dining + dancing under the stars so as soon as we saw Franciscan Gardens in San Juan Capistrano, we fell in love with the intimate venue which was surrounded by lush greens and twinkling lights which would make the perfect setting for a memorable day.
- Did you have any DIY elements?: No
- Describe your wedding flowers: Soft whites, light champagnes, unstructured greenery with an airy and organic feel, a romantic and natural floral aesthetic
- Favorite detail of the day: Driving away from the church as husband and wife in my in-laws classic vintage Mercedes Benz convertible and BOMB sliders as a late night snack while our guests danced.
- What advice would you give out to a couple planning their wedding?: This may sound cliché but through all the planning madness, don’t forget that this day is about you and your significant other.
- Most memorable moment?: Walking down the aisle. We decided to have our first look at this moment instead of beforehand and I’ll never forget it as Christian teared up as I walked down the aisle.
- Tell us a little about your honeymoon: We hopped around Italy and visited several cities that gave us a little taste of city life (Rome and Florence) and the coastline (Amalfi Coast). We loved Florence for its architecture and cuisine, Positano for its picturesque views, and Rome for its history and culture. Also lots and lots of pasta and wine!
- Is there anything you would change or do differently?: Slow down time, I wish we had more time to spend with our family and friends instead of feeling rushed.
Photography: Lucy Munoz | www.lucymunozphotography.com |
Wedding Coordinator: Klink Events | www.klinkevents.com|
Florals: Julep Bloom Design | www.julepbloomdesign.com |
Cake: M Cakes Sweets | www.mcakessweets.com |
Stationary: Plume Calligraphy | www.plumecalligraphy.com |
Ceremony Venue: Holy Trinity Church | www.holytrinityladera.org |
Reception Venue: Franciscan Gardens | www.franciscangardens.com |
Bride’s Gown: Lazaro
Bride’s Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Jewelry/Veil: Veiled Beauty | www.veiledbeauty.com |
Hair & Makeup: Sharon Park | www.sharonypark.com |
Grooms Attire: Suit Supply | www.us.suitsupply.com |
Grooms Shoes: Magnanni | www.magnanni.com |
Caterer: 24 Carrots | www.24carrots.com |
DJ: Dani Wigfall of Vox DJs | www.voxdjs.com |
Photobooth: Pixster | www.pixsterphotobooth.com |